Daily Navaratri Pooja 21 Sept- 29 Sept:
1) Monday 21 Sept : Host Bina Bawa ( phone # 204 9210)
2) Tuesday 22 Sept: Host Bina Bawa ( phone # 204 9210 )
3) Wednesday 23 Sept: Host Nandini Mcclurg( phone # 229-0789 )
4) Thursday 24 Sept: Host Suganda Ravikumar ( phone # 206-4965 )
5) Friday 25 Sept: Host Chaya Jha ( Phone # 282-8989 )
6) Saturday 26 Sept : Host Usha Srivastava ( Phone # 493-4989)
7) Sunday 27 Sept: Host Usha Kumar ( phone # 225-2141 )
8) Monday 28 Sept : Sashi Unnithan (phone # 204-4209 )
9) Tuesday 29 Sept Durgashtami Day : Rathna Murthy (Phone # 226-4339 )
Unless informed otherwise the pooja will start at 7:30 PM. The week
day events are expected to last mostly an hour. The pooja on Friday and
Saturday and the day of Durgashtami could last longer.
Chhaya Jha: Friday 25 Sept
Evening at 7:30 PM
address: 506 Walden way, Fort Collins, 80526.
Form College come on Horsetooth, (after Railway crossing) Take left on
Manhattan, Take second right on walden way. We are located after 5 or
six room on the right hand side. The home is facing south side.
Thanks. We will see you all in evening.
Chhaya & Mitra Nath Jha.
Saturday 26 Sept
The Shankaracharya of Kasi ( Benaras ) will preside over the Saturday's pooja.
The agenda is as follows:
Date: Saturday 26 Sept
Darsan: 4:30 PM
Lecture: 5:00 PM
Pooja to be followed by Prasad: 5:30 PM.
Directions to SRIVASTAVAS, 1318 HILLSIDE DRIVE, PHONE 493-4989:
TAKE LEMAY AVENUE GOING NORTH,
GO TWO AND HALF MILES PAST MULBERRY,
REACH THE STOP SIGN ON LEMAY AT COUNTRY CLUB ROAD,
TAKE RIGHT ON COUNTRY CLUB ROAD, GO TWO BLOCKS,
TAKE RIGHT ON ON BELMONT, GO ONE BLOCK,
TAKE LEFT ON HILLSIDE. REACH THE THIRD HOUSE ON THE LEFT SIDE.
(THERE IS A MOTORHOME ON THE DRIVEWAY.)
GARBA & DANDIYA RAAS: September 26
We have also Organized for GARBA & DANDIYA RAAS on September 26th,
The program will start at 8:00 P.M. We will start with "Garba" and then
follow it with "Dandia Raas (traditional folk dance with bamboo
sticks)". As tradition goes men, women and children are all supposed to
We will also teach everyone simple dance steps if you have never been to
a Navaratri festival!! The program will conclude with Aarti puja of
Place: 1600 University village center (directions below)
Dress: Tradition is for women to wear colorful Indian dresses and men in
their Kurta Pajamas, however casual dress are just as acceptable.
If you have any questions please contact:
Sudha Shah (225-0632) or Vibhuti Gheewala (482-3885).
Directions: North on Shield past Elizabeth. Left (West) on Plum. Second
building on the right after the STOP sign.
Back to Home page